A collection of 6 different graphic organisers to help students engage, connect and think critically about their reading. Students can write directly on the graphic organisers or they can collect their thoughts on sticky notes and use the graphic organisers as a study tool. Reading Strategies Included: plot, characters, connections, questions, predictions, as well as a before, during, after reading organizer.
Try our Back to School Activities Bundle.
- Teacher Instructions (specific timeline included)
- Student Info Sheet (basic information)
- Interview The Room Activity (students mingle and get to know each other)
- Dear New To Me Teacher Letter Writing Activity (write a letter to their new teacher using sentence starters)
- Letter To Yourself Time Capsule Activity (graphic organizer style)
- Student Seating Plan Choice Card (provides opportunity for student voice in the classroom)
- Classroom Identity Art Assignment (students advertise the classroom)
- Journal Writing Summer Vacation Prompts (5 different choices – can be glued into an interactive journal)
- Interactive Story Writing Activity (get students back into the writing groove)
- Back to School Bingo (fast and energetic first day get to know you activity)