Brynn Allison, The Literary Maven & Kristy Avis, 2 Peas and a Dog are hosting #2ndaryELA on Twitter every Tuesday evening from 8 – 9PM EST. #2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for Grades 6-12 English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic. Every Sunday at 11am EST, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs.
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just lurk, like, or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA – even when replying to others.
6. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9PM EST
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, etc and the hashtag #2ndaryELA
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using the #2ndaryELA hashtag
7. Like and respond to other teachers tweets.
8:00 Intros – What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA
8:05 Q1: What student information do you collect at the start of the year? How does it help inform your instruction? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: What information do you include in your syllabus? (Share a sample of your syllabus if you would like. Upload it to Google Drive and then share the link) #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: What supplies do students need for your class? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: What activities do you do with students the first day? The first week? Why? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: What are your must teach routines/procedures the first day/week? #2ndaryELA
Links are encouraged so be sure to use a link shortener like tinyurl, bitly, goo.gl or ow.ly Just visit one of those links and paste your long link to shorten it for Twitter.
See you there!