Teachers are busy people. We don’t have time to drive from store to store thinking about what supplies we might need. Below is a list of ten essential school supplies teachers need to have a great start to their new school year. Leave a comment below if I left something off the list you cannot live without.
1. Good Pens – you will be grading for hours so make sure you like your pens.
2. Binder clips – I use these clips to sort marking, photocopies, notes, and just about anything else in my classroom. These are essential and I could not live without them.
3. Fun sticky notes – I love using different colours and shapes to add some sparkle to day!
4. Scented Markers – who says students get to have all the fun? These markers make anchor chart writing so much more enjoyable.
5. Reliable water bottle – teachers love to talk and we need to stay hydrated to avoid the 3pm candy machine “dinner”.
6. Good quality binders – invest in good solid binders that are study and will not bend your lessons. I still use lots of paper because my school is not 1:1.
7. Highlighters – I buy multi-colour packs so I can model different strategies or parts of a lesson in different colours.
8. Metal stapler – The plastic ones always jam when I am stapling student work.
9. Coloured printer paper/card stock – my students love it when task cards or other lesson components are printed out on fun coloured paper.
10. Comfortable teacher bag – you will be carrying many items in this bag make sure it has LOTS of pockets, and fits nicely on your car seat.