Teachers are busy people. We don’t have time to drive from store to store thinking about what supplies we might need. Below is a list of ten essential school supplies teachers need to have a great start to their new school year. Leave a comment below if I left something off the list you cannot live without.
1. Good Pens – you will be grading for hours so make sure you like your pens.
2. Binder clips – I use these clips to sort marking, photocopies, notes, and just about anything else in my classroom. These are essential and I could not live without them.
3. Fun sticky notes – I love using different colours and shapes to add some sparkle to day!
4. Scented Markers – who says students get to have all the fun? These markers make anchor chart writing so much more enjoyable.
5. Reliable water bottle – teachers love to talk and we need to stay hydrated to avoid the 3pm candy machine “dinner”.
6. Good quality binders – invest in good solid binders that are study and will not bend your lessons. I still use lots of paper because my school is not 1:1.
7. Highlighters – I buy multi-colour packs so I can model different strategies or parts of a lesson in different colours.
8. Metal stapler – The plastic ones always jam when I am stapling student work.
9. Coloured printer paper/card stock – my students love it when task cards or other lesson components are printed out on fun coloured paper.
10. Comfortable teacher bag – you will be carrying many items in this bag make sure it has LOTS of pockets, and fits nicely on your car seat.
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to get our great content by email. We will use your email address to send out teaching tips and lesson ideas.