I do not have a data projector in my classroom, but I do have a flat screen TV on a rolling stand. I wondered if I could use my TV more effectively than just for showing instructional videos.
You can hook up a laptop computer or tablet (iPad, Android) to your flat screen TV. Anything you have on your laptop or tablet screen will be projected on to the TV screen for the class to see.
1. Turn on your laptop computer, tablet or iPad.
3. Connect the computer cord to the proper TV inputs usually on the back of the tv or the side. Turn on the TV and press the Input button until the image from your computer or iPad shows on the screen.
- e-books for read alouds
- collaborative Word documents for shared writing
- any collaborative document, spreadsheet
- any read aloud material
- math games
- anything you would project from a data projector
- student work – if their is a camera on the tablet you can use it as a document camera
Have you found a great technology work around? What would you project onto the TV? Please share your ideas in the comments below.
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.