You Might Be a Teacher If …

A teacher humour blog post focusing on a list of "success criteria" for teachers to reference if they need to make sure they are a teacher from the 2 Peas and a Dog blog.

After finishing a week of student-led conferences (parent-teacher interviews), I realized that many teachers might be feeling the same way as me. I put together a little list of “success criteria” for you to reference if you need to make sure you are really a teacher.

Criteria # 1 – You might be a teacher if your PVR/TIVO has more shows on it that you could possibly watch in one or two sittings (this is only page one of many).

Criteria # 2

You might not leave your items in their proper location. Who needs a jewelry box when the kitchen counter is much more convenient?

Criteria # 3

You leave piles of marking around your house: on the breakfast counter, the kitchen table, the coffee table.

Criteria # 4

You have piles of unopened books and magazines waiting for a long weekend or holiday break to be read.

Criteria # 5

You leave your lunch box, school bag and other bags on the first surface you meet when you get home.

Criteria # 6

You take photos with your phone of things you need to purchase …. for your classroom.

Criteria # 7 – You have been guilty of using your teacher voice outside of the classroom. My husband has been known to say to me “Don’t use your teacher voice on me.”

Grab Great Teaching Tips!

Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Katie Lisen
    November 24, 2013 at 1:13 am

I always leave items in the wrong spot! The bad thing for me is that when I am at home my 2 year old twins aren't quite as adept at finding where I left them as my 2nd graders are!!!
    :)Lisen

sandra11
    November 24, 2013 at 2:25 am

Too funny! I can relate with everyone of those!!!

Veronica
    November 24, 2013 at 3:23 am

This is so me through and through. Live your teaching book bag! Mine is dying and I may need to replace. Where is your's from?

Heather W
    November 24, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Yep! You should turn this into a linky party! I have nearly identical pictures, and I'm sure I could find even more things to link up (the stack of papers to grade, the home "stash" of supplies to take to school – just in case, the box of goodies for co-workers who do nice things to randomly thank them, the little trinkets to give out to students, and the list goes on…)

Creative in Middle School
    November 24, 2013 at 5:49 pm

YUP. – EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Thanks for posting- this is so me! I'd also like to add that all my co-workers and I agree we have become addicted to reality t.v. for the "brain-break" factor!

Md. Jakaria
    December 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Dog Breeds

As well humorous! I could associate with everybody of these!!

Monica Dunbar
    October 5, 2014 at 5:33 pm

This is awesome! Great collection of teacher-isms!!!

Monica

Lauralee Moss
    March 6, 2017 at 11:48 am

This is hilarious! I thought the jewelry thing was just me. The second I come in the house, I start taking it off.