Back to school freebies are linked throughout this blog post. The back to school season is a great time to try out new lessons and ideas. These five lessons will make planning for back to school easier and less time consuming. Check out ideas from classroom management to long range planning.
This resource is a set of two different reward passes (homework pass and technology pass) that can be used in conjunction with your classroom management program to encourage and praise good behaviour, work completion, attention to task completion etc. This set includes homework and technology passes. Passes could be laminated and reused to limit waste and photocopies.
A great test preparation strategy focused on cooperative learning and student engagement. This product provides detailed step by step explanations on how to quickly set up math stations for any grade and any math concept. An excellent way to study for state testing, semester exams or unit tests.
Try this interactive back to school bingo game for students to quickly get to know their classmates and teachers. Students use their bingo card and move around the room looking for someone that meets the description in the bingo box. Once they find the person who meets the criteria they get their initials. The first person to fill a column, box or row gets a prize depending on how you want to run the game.
A collection of 6 different graphic organizers to help students engage, connect and think critically about their reading. Students can write directly on the graphic organisers or they can collect their thoughts on sticky notes and use the graphic organizers as a study tool. Reading Strategies Included: plot, characters, connections, questions, predictions, as well as a before, during, after reading organizer.
This resource contains long range plans for teaching Language Arts, Math, History, Drama and Dance. The plans are based on the Ontario Grade 7 and 8 Curriculum. Provides a general monthly overview for each subject. Plans can be used by either split or straight grade teachers.
This Back to School Bundle of activities is geared towards upper elementary and middle school students. It is a great mix of both independent and collaborative back to school activities for the first two weeks of school.
- Teacher Instructions (specific timeline included)
- Student Info Sheet (basic information)
- Interview The Room Activity (students mingle and get to know each other)
- Dear New To Me Teacher Letter Writing Activity (write a letter to their new teacher using sentence starters)
- Letter To Yourself Time Capsule Activity (graphic organizer style)
- Student Seating Plan Choice Card (provides opportunity for student voice in the classroom)
- Classroom Identity Art Assignment (students advertise the classroom)
- Journal Writing Summer Vacation Prompts (5 different choices – can be glued into an interactive journal)
- Interactive Story Writing Activity (get students back into the writing groove)
- Back to School Bingo (fast and energetic first day get to know you activity)
More Back to School Ideas
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.