You Live With A Teacher When

Teacher Humour - 10 Ways to Find Out if You Live With a Teacher. Suspect a loved one might be a teacher? Review our 10 point check list from the 2 Peas and a Dog blog.
Teacher humor is needed to get through the hectic school season. Check out the 10 ways below to see if you live with a teacher!
  1. During the school year, they have two moods: complete exhaustion or super stressed.
  2. During assessment and reporting cycles you find a lot of reasons to leave the house.
  3. They continuously refer to their class as “my kids”, but you don’t remember having thirty kids.
  4. Every time they leave the house the morning they take more bags with them, than moving day.
  5. When their friends come over they speak in a secret language using words like Behaviour Plan, IEP, Duty, Supervision, Success Criteria, Anchor Charts.
  6. They complain about not being able to go to the washroom during the day -even though they really needed to.
  7. Has not eaten lunch in years.
  8. Part of your monthly house budget goes to school supplies such as stickers, pens, paper, glue and art supplies.
  9. They are only able to take vacations three times a year: Christmas Break, Spring Break and Summer Holidays.
  10. They leave the house looking clean and proper, and return covered in dust, chalk, vomit, whiteboard marker, pen ink or paint.

If the person you live with matches most of these descriptions, congratulations you live with a teacher!

Additional Teacher Humor Blog Posts

Grab Great Teaching Tips!

Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

Pamela Kranz
    February 14, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Absolutely true! I'd have to add "teacher hands" to the list from the ink on my hands from wiping off the overhead.
    Pam 😉
    Desktop Learning Adventures

Leah Cleary
    February 15, 2015 at 12:01 am

You nailed it, Kristy! I see myself all over this list. Thank God for SmartBoards and digital pens–that makes me a bit cleaner when I get home these days (though not much). I think we may be the only profession on the planet full of people who steal office supplies from home to take to work!
    Leah

Mrs. Spangler in the Middle
    February 15, 2015 at 7:17 pm

Too many of those are spot-on! My husband would like me to work on that budget one… 🙂

-Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

Brynn Allison
    February 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

I have a few things I could add to this list. I think 31 would be you know you are a teacher when on Fridays you simply cannot function after work and want to go to sleep before it's even dark out.

Brynn Allison
    The Literary Maven

Darlene Anne
    February 20, 2015 at 1:07 am

So true, Kristy! I've taken to calling all my kids my "personal" kids and my "kids." As far as #10 goes, I remember getting a long swipe of green marker across my face one day. I had no idea until late that night. I can't believe not one student told me I had marker on my face!
    Thanks for the laughs!
    Darlene
    ELABuffet

Simon Mal
    March 29, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Great post! Bringing home a new dog, whether it’s a puppy or an adult, is like bringing home a new baby – you need to be prepared, and you need supplies. So, I was looking for articles on buying pet supplies online and then I came across yours inspiring read. Thanks!

Unknown
    August 30, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I love this list! I still refer to my student teaching students as my kids and that was quite a few years ago now 🙂 ~Stephanie's History Store

Bex Mawn
    December 6, 2015 at 6:24 pm

My problems is I take home so many things to do, sometimes multiple bags and I usually don't even have time to do most of it. I don't know what I am thinking!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

Mindy Wilson
    December 10, 2015 at 9:30 pm

I'm looking forward to being a teacher.

GCD
    January 23, 2016 at 2:10 am

Happy to say I've never come home with vomit on me, but the bag thing is true. I have a crate on wheels AND two book bags. It takes me two hours to leave on Fridays – I'm so afraid of leaving something behind.

MadameKenny
    May 19, 2016 at 10:36 am

I related to each and every one of those statements on your list. That is so funny! My husband got a kick out of them too. Thanks for making me chuckle
    Renée (AKA MadameKenny)