#2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for Grades 6-12 English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic.
Every Sunday at 11am EST, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs.
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just lurk, like, or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA – even when replying to others.
6. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9PM EST
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, etc and the hashtag #2ndaryELA
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using the #2ndaryELA hashtag
7. Like and respond to other teachers tweets.
8:00 Intros – What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA
8:05 Q1: What are your top three routines/procedures that keep your class running smoothly? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: What are problematic student behaviors in your classroom? What do you struggle with most? #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: What are successful classroom management strategies in your classroom/school? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: How do you and your colleagues support each other? How does your admin support you? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: Share a classroom management resource that you find invaluable (book, article, blog post, type of technology, reward system, etc.). #2ndaryELA
Links are encouraged so be sure to use a link shortener like tinyurl, bitly, goo.gl or ow.ly Just visit one of those links and paste your long link to shorten it for Twitter.
Be sure to spread the word to any teacher friends who might be interested in joining us as well. We look forward to chatting with you Tuesday evening and in our 2ndaryELA Facebook group!
Exclusive Resources For Teachers
Subscribe to get engaging lesson ideas and special subscriber only bonus lessons like our Rant Writing Unit sent directly to your email address.