#2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for Grades 6-12 English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic.
Every Sunday at 11am EST, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs.
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just lurk, like, or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA – even when replying to others.
6. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9PM EST
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, etc and the hashtag #2ndaryELA
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using the #2ndaryELA hashtag
7. Like and respond to other teachers tweets.
8:00 Intros – What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA
8:05 Q1: How do you keep your desk organized? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: Where/how do you keep student supplies? #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: How do you manage your paperwork (grading, work to be returned, etc.)? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: How do you manage student work (writing folders, portfolios, etc.)? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: How do you keep books organized (textbooks, novel sets, classroom library, etc) #2ndaryELA
Links are encouraged so be sure to use a link shortener like tinyurl, bitly, goo.gl or ow.ly Just visit one of those links and paste your long link to shorten it for Twitter.
Exclusive Resources For Teachers
Subscribe to get engaging lesson ideas and special subscriber only bonus lessons like our Rant Writing Unit sent directly to your email address.