Brynn Allison, The Literary Maven & Kristy Avis, 2 Peas and a Dog are hosting #2ndaryELA on Twitter every Tuesday evening from 8 – 9PM EST. #2ndaryELA is a weekly chat for Grades 6-12 English Language Arts teachers focused on a topic. Every Sunday at 11am EST, we will post the topic and questions on our blogs.
1. Stay on topic & stay positive!
2. Please do not post or promote paid products unless specifically asked.
3. If you arrive late, try to look through other posts before beginning.
4. Feel free to just lurk, like, or retweet.
5. Always use our hashtag #2ndaryELA – even when replying to others.
6. Make sure your twitter feed is set to public. (Also keep in mind that Twitter is completely public – that means students, parents, and administrators can and will read what you tweet.)
1. Log into Twitter on Tuesday from 8-9PM EST
2. Search for tweets with the hashtag #2ndaryELA in the search bar. Make sure to click “All tweets.”
3. Introductions are for the first 5 minutes.
4. Starting at 8:05 (@literarymaven or @2peasandadog) will post questions every 10 minutes using the format Q1, Q2, etc and the hashtag #2ndaryELA
5. Respond to questions using the format A1, A2, A3, etc. with #2ndaryELA
6. Follow any teachers responding and who are also using the #2ndaryELA hashtag
7. Like and respond to other teachers tweets.
8:00 Intros: What and where do you teach? Include a link to your blog if you have one. #2ndaryELA
8:05 Q1: How does the inclusion of YA literature support all kinds of readers? #2ndaryELA
8:15 Q2: Where can I find great books to extend and strengthen my teaching? #2ndaryELA
8:25 Q3: What are the hot books for teens? #2ndaryELA
8:35 Q4: How does YA literature encourage non-readers to read? #2ndaryELA
8:45 Q5: What are some great informational texts that I can use in my teaching? #2ndaryELA
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.