- Book Outlet Canada or USA
- Your local bookstore sale rack – check big box and small bookstores as they often have great deals on their sales rack. If you can’t find it, ask! It might be worth it.
- Scholastic Warehouse Sale
- Scholastic Reading Club monthly flyers – their $1.99 specials are very good. I try to check all of the upper grades flyers for specials. Canada or USA
- Book Sale Finder
- Public library discards rack
- Garage sales – read the newspaper regularly in the summer
- Retired teachers sales – check garage sale and online sale listings
- Thrift Stores – check local thrift stores and ones in nearby towns/cities
- Thrift Books Website – discount book website.
- Paperback Swap – swap your current novels for different ones
- First Book Marketplace
Other Ways To Acquire Books
- Redeem rewards points for gift cards to book stores
- Collect and save your Scholastic points from monthly book sale flyer sales
- Ask friends, family and neighbours in person and via social media to donate any gently used books to your classroom
- If permitted ask parents of students in your class to donate books their children have finished reading
Share your favourite way to acquire books for your classroom in the comments below.
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.