Holiday writing ideas are the topic of the guest blog post I had the opportunity to share on the Teach Writing blog.
Read on this blog post about how I increase student engagement during the November and December holiday season by using these six writing strategies.
- Integrate Creative Writing
- Write About A Specific Holiday
- Try Writing Prompts as Bell Ringers
- Use the RAFT Format
- Try Choice Boards
- Write a Prequel or Sequel
Visit the Teach Writing blog to read about student writing engagement during the holiday season.
Additional Holiday Writing Lessons and Ideas
- Celebrating the Holidays in the Secondary ELA Classroom
- Holiday Season Survival Guide
- Promoting Joy During the Holiday Season
- Holiday Season Lesson Ideas
- Holiday Lesson Plans
Exclusive Resources For Teachers
Subscribe to get engaging lesson ideas and special subscriber only bonus lessons like our Rant Writing Unit sent directly to your email address.