Holiday writing ideas are the topic of the guest blog post I had the opportunity to share on the Teach Writing blog.
Read on this blog post about how I increase student engagement during the November and December holiday season by using these six writing strategies.
- Integrate Creative Writing
- Write About A Specific Holiday
- Try Writing Prompts as Bell Ringers
- Use the RAFT Format
- Try Choice Boards
- Write a Prequel or Sequel
Visit the Teach Writing blog to read about student writing engagement during the holiday season.
Additional Holiday Writing Lessons and Ideas
- Celebrating the Holidays in the Secondary ELA Classroom
- Holiday Season Survival Guide
- Promoting Joy During the Holiday Season
- Holiday Season Lesson Ideas
- Holiday Lesson Plans
Grab Great Teaching Tips!
Subscribe to our email list to get engaging teaching and lesson ideas, as well as special subscriber only bonus resources sent directly to your email address.